Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Travel Approval has been issued!

Whoot!  Travel Approval (TA) has been issued and is in the mail.

When BAAS in California receives it, we can schedule our consulate appointment and then book our flights!!  Yea!
We actually found out at about 10:30 this morning that it had been issued.  I waited to blog until now because, frankly, I was sad.  Not about traveling, I can't wait to travel.  If it had been received by today we could have actually had Gotcha Day on Monday, January 14.  Because they have to actually have the paper copy in hand to make the other appointment, it will push us back some ( probably a week, to January 21).  That means that either on my birthday (1/16) or the next day we should be on a plane on the way to Jaden!!!  Yes, 8 days from now!!  Three days would have been incredible but 8 days is probably better in terms of readiness.  I am over "sad" and have moved on to "thrilled". 

As in everything in adoption, there are things outside of my control that will determine if this really does happen on that schedule.  If we don't get the paper copy until Monday, instead of Friday, we may not be able to coordinate everything in time to leave 2 days later.  It would then all be pushed back another week; but that is not going to happen, right?!  Now would be a good time for prayers.  I sometimes think God drew us toward adoption just so He would hear from us more often.  Hmm, there is a lesson in there somewhere but I have too much of a paper-pregnancy brain to ferret it out right now.  :)

Today is also my sister's ## birthday.  I know she has been praying for me too, that makes it a perfect day to get TA notification.  Happy Birthday, Tami! <3

So much to start doing now...packing, planning, praying.  Working on my 3 p's.  :)

Oh, my goodness...it just got very real.  Very, very soon there will be a new Sanford in town.  :)  I can't wait for y'all to meet him.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! Can't wait to see him in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome birthday gift Tracy, a new nephew!! Ha, this Aunt Tami is quite magical,
    huh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful birthday gift indeed! So happy for you all. I'm sure too that Tami was praying. Can't wait to meet him...another little Sanford in town...Still praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! Very excited for ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very exciting! Prayers for this to happen quickly and for safe travels as well:)

    ReplyDelete