Saturday, January 19, 2013

Nanjing, Jiangsu

I've just realized that we are in CHINA!  Hehe.  I mean, really, I know that we are here but yesterday walking around really made we realize how far away from home we are.  I took almost no pictures and mostly just soaked it in.  We really enjoyed people watching.  Several people stopped and did a double take when they saw us, very funny!  Not that Tim stands out at all, a 6'3" very pale white man with a biggish nose.  (Okay, not really but comparatively. )  I loved watching some of the school girls we saw nudge each other and casually turn around and walk back toward us to get another look.  Several giggled and said a very accented "Hello"  Loved it.   Tim and I both found ourselves watching the little boys, wondering if he was Jaden's age or size, and also watching the teen boys, wondering if Jaden will look something like that as he gets older.
All that to say, I am a terrible blogger.  We are in a beautiful place and only got a handful of pics.  I'll post what I have and will try to do better today.  We are going to the City Wall today.  Our guide is from Nanjing and is very proud of her city.  I expect she will have lots to tell us.

We are staying in the heart of the "old city" and much of the architecture is pretty traditional.  We can see the high rises from our windows too.  It is an interesting juxtaposition of old and new.





Zaijian!

1 comment:

  1. Love your posts and pictures! Still praying on the Home Front. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete