Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Missing one of my Kids today

Merry Christmas everyone.  No really, I mean that.  If the family isn't fully complete, I don't suppose that means we shouldn't still enjoy the day.  I'm really going to try.

My mom was an unrepentant Christmas freak (and I mean that in the nicest way:) ).  Our house was covered from top to toe in Christmas stuff from as far back as I can remember.  Two foot Santas, dancing snowmen, Santa praying at the feet of baby Jesus, two Christmas trees (because what house is complete with just one?), those weird little bubbling tree lights, wreaths, mistletoe over door ways, well...you get the picture.  After we lost my 19 year old sister when I was 10, Christmas was never quite the same for her.  I finally really get it.  Not to say that I didn't know what the problem was; I missed Kim too but now I GET IT.  It is so hard to laugh and play and celebrate when one of your children can't be a part of it.  I wish I still had my mom so I could hug her and let her know that I understand a little better now.  Love you, mom.  One day you'll have all your kids in one place again.  I just wish I knew if they had bubble lights in heaven. 

"By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours. An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary. They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for; received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full. Love is meant to be shared." Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment