Friday, December 14, 2012

Jaden Knows he has a Family!!!

Being paper pregnant is hard!  When you are really pregnant, it is so nice to be able to pat your tummy and at least sort of have a guess as to size.  (Of course the closer to the end you get, the less you really want that particular piece of info!)  I have been going crazy trying to guess Jaden's current height from pictures.

 We have pictures of Jaden from about the time he is 2.5 years old until about a month ago at 3.5 years old.  It is amazing how much he has changed.  He doesn't have the baby pudge on his cheeks any more and he has such a mature look on his little face.  Always a smile, but an older-child smile somehow.  We hope to be about a month from travel and the few pictures we have had recently have made me doubt that the 3T clothes we have been getting will fit.  Most adopted families share how tiny their little ones were when they first got home and so we have planned to go fairly small with the clothes.  The most recent picture we received as a 3 month post-op follow up showed him looking so grown up!  I have to admit to some tears when I saw the pictures.  I know that seems weird.  Waiting every day, hoping for an update, and then being sad to see him looking so grown up.  I know it is a GOOD thing that he is growing, so many kids in orphanages just don't grow much, we are just missing so much of his toddler/preschool time.  Ugh!  I know it wont be much longer.

Anyway...tonight I was cleaning out the "junk" folder of my email and saw Jaden's name on the subject line of an email from someone I didn't know.  Apparently, the ladies that we ordered Jaden's family pillow from had someone else send us the pictures from the day he found out he has a family!  Inside the email were 3 new pictures; one picture was of him holding the pillow with all of our faces on it!  :)  He looked happy, not terrified and so hopefully he is not going to be too shocked when the time comes.  :)

Jaden knows he has a family!!!!!!
We also got the first height and weight measurements in over a year.  My little guy is 37.5 inches and 35 lbs! The charts say that he should wear a 4T by height but I have a hard time believing that.  (Hmm, I hope I kept my receipts for 2-3T stuff.)
Isn't he cute?


2 comments:

  1. So haapy for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy,

    This is so beautiful. I can hear the love you have for this little guy. The pillow is wonderful. Please consider publishing "Bringing Jaden Home." It has touched many hearts already and I know it would others too. Especially those considering adopting. God Bless you, Tim, and your kids. Have a wonderful Christmas. Love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete