Sunday, December 2, 2012

Is God Awesome or What?!

I know I posted recently but I had to post some "God news!"

I posted a while back about the fact that Jaden speaks only Wu.  In some orphanages and programs in China they are actually able to prepare the kiddos for adoption and will teach even the small ones some English to help the transition.  Unfortunately, Jaden is at a small orphanage that doesn't have funds to list kids very often and certainly no extra money for luxuries like  English instruction.  (As an aside, it apparently costs a fair amount of money just to make children "adoption ready" and so many of the poorer orphanages can't list kids very often. When they can list some children they pick the kids they think are most likely to get adopted.  The often means that the ones that need the benefit of a forever family and medical intervention the most remain unlisted.  It was an incredible blessing that Jaden was even listed.)
All that to say, that we know that our Mandarin is not really going to be of much help in those first few (potentially) terrifying days for Jaden.  (Especially since my best phrase currently is "What is your name?" Hmm, that'll get old quick.)  We also already know that the likelihood of the agency-hired guide speaking Jaden's dialect, the Wu dialect, is very tiny as the only place it is used is in that one area by Shanghai.  Our plan is to a) know that God has this in control  b) hope Jaden is good at charades and c) work on a communication pictograph.  Well, God in His greatness gave us plan "d" today!
                                !!!!!!!Our Chinese class teacher speaks Wu!!!!!!!!
She gave us her home phone number and her email and said to call anytime from China!  She's also going to teach us some key phrases in Wu.  While we won't have time to learn a lot, just things like "Are you hungry?"  "Do you have to potty?" should be a God-send in those first few days.  :)   :)   I know there are other simple phrases but I'm so excited I can't even come up with what I need to know.  Any and all suggestions appreciated.  :)  

She didn't even know that she was to teach our class until the last minute, as this is not her normal class.  I wonder why God had her switched to us?  Isn't He awesome!  I can't stop smiling about this. 

4 comments:

  1. Our God is an awesome God!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly believe that God puts angels like her in our life for a purpose. What are the odds that she spoke Wu? Then for her to offer her services anytime while you are in China! How extraordinary! God never ceases to amaze me. This is such an awesome testimony!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and have read from beginning to end. I remember you telying me about this at Ayden's last check-up. How exciting that things are progressing and that soon you will have little Jaden here. I am truly excited and there year old boys are so much fun!
    Prayers - Angie B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks y'all. Since God certainly led us to adopt, I know He won't abandon us when we need Him. :)

    ReplyDelete