Saturday, April 12, 2014

Fun in Chengdu!

April 13, 2014, 12:28 am

Today was a busy day!  We walked the riverside and saw people having work done on their toenails by sketchy looking people with carts, people getting haircuts and what looked like an entire construction crew napping on benches.  We used the hotel pool, which felt lovely!  We also ate in a little cafe that was sort of open air that sold sandwiches, waffles (with fruit, ice cream and whipped cream, YUM,) and coffee.  Jay spent time working on homework with his daddy while I napped.  Altogether, we had a nice day.




My internal clock is so messed up!  I am wide awake and not even a bit sleepy.  Luckily Jaden's clock seems better than mine; he's sound asleep in Katie's crib.

He was so excited when they wheeled her bed into our room.  First he put her baby doll that NaiNai gave her in the crib and later added another couple of toys.  All day he has been getting in and out of it.  I wonder if it reminds him of his time in the orphanage?  He never spent time in one with us as we wanted that extra bonding of sleeping together for a while.  At home, he has been in his own bed for months now but still misses it.  When Karen asked him what the best part of our spring break trip was, his answer was "Sleeping in mama and baba's bed!"  We plan to just have all 4 of us pile into our bed while we are here in China.
It is very unreal to me that Katie only has one more night in an orphanage!!!  It is so weird to realize that really has no idea how much her little world is about to change.  I  wonder how long it will be until she understands that we love her?  Jay seemed to understand within a matter of days, some kids literally take months and months.  She has so many people in the states just waiting for a chance to love on her, I pray that her little heart will let us all in.  We plan to "cocoon" for a little while.  The adoption experts tell you to work hard in the beginning to teach her the difference between family and other.  She has essentially never had family.  In her orphanage they try to assign the same worker to the same group of kids daily so they get a sense of continuity.  In theory it helps them learn to attach more easily but also often makes the grieving process harder.  I've been praying that she allows us to comfort her.

Tim and I both prayed a lot last night.  Both of us admitted to the other that we kept falling asleep while in prayer, waking up and apologizing to our Father, and starting praying again.  There is nothing quite like adoption to improve your reliance on Him--there is no other choice--and increase your prayer time.   I started to say that He is probably tired of hearing about her from all of you in the US and the 3 of us here but reconsidered.  I never get tired of people talking to me about any of my kids and He is such a better parent than I, I'm sure this makes his heart sing.  Please join me in  keeping His heart happy for a little longer.


1 comment:

  1. The pics are out of order, blogger is a little psychotic when we're here. :)

    ReplyDelete