Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Day Three!

So It’s 4 am again.  😀

Hope is doing phenomenally well.  She is such a smiley child.  Katie is also doing great and has not stopped talking since we landed in China!  I thought it was a little anxiety but I’ve decided that it is just being away from Jay!  Who knew she could challenge Jaden in the chatterbox department?

It is Wednesday morning and today Hope will see the orphanage people again.  I’m a little worried about this for Hope.  She obviously cares about these women (and is cared for) but I feel that it has the potential to hurt her.  

Tim and I walked to WalMart yesterday and I baby-wore Hope.  It was fun to get out and about on our own and the girls both did well and had fun.  Hope wouldn’t let me out of reach though and was more touchy than normal (which is saying something as she is really working on filling her touch bucket).  She was so relieved that she was giddy when we got back to our hotel.  Tim and I felt that she must have thought we were bringing her back to her former orphanage.  I’m worried that when she sees the orphanage folks, she will think we are giving her back.  I want to believe that she would consider that a sad thing but of course, she might think it was a good thing too.  Either way, it stands to be a wrenching thing for her.  If she is happy with us and wants to stay, seeing them will hurt, if she is happy to go back, seeing them leave will hurt.  

The only time she has cried since she joined us has been at bedtime.  Each night, she clings to my hand as silent tears run down her cheeks.  I don’t know the meaning of the tears, perhaps she misses the other littles more at night or maybe nights were hard for her at the orphanage.  Maybe the tears are just a way to release big emotions that build up all day.  Either way, it hurts this mama’s heart to see her sad.


Will y’all join me praying for Hope?  I don’t want her to let today steal her happy.  I hope this gives her a little closure and  confirmation that we will never abandon her.  




2 comments:

  1. Sending prayers your way. Praying that Hope feels your love and knows she is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Hope’s transition!

    ReplyDelete