Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Memory Quilt

It's finished!!!

I've been working on Jaden's memory quilt, or 100 wishes Quilt, since before he came home.  Tonight I got to actually give it to him.  I had let him choose a couple of cloth squares to add to it and I let him pick the backing and edging cloth, hoping that he would at least enjoy those initially.   My thought that was when he was older perhaps the whole thing would be special to him.  He really surprised me when I gave it to him tonight.  He got so excited!  He was dancing and saying "Yea!" and "XieXie!" and just wallowing all over it.  He laid it out on the floor and had me and Baba lay down with him under it and then would rearrange it and start all over.  It was so much fun to watch.  When he finally settled down for the night, he took it with him and he is now asleep under his blanket.  I think he felt not only the love from me for stitching it together but from all of you who spent your time selecting a square just for him.
Thanks to everyone who contributed a quilt square, each of you contributed to his great joy today.  XieXie, friends.

PS:
I left wide margins on the plain brown borders to add tumbling squares in case anyone else wanted to send a square.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment