Friday, September 28, 2012

OOT!

We are "Out of Translation!"

One of the interesting things in this world of international adoption is all of the baby steps that you have to successfully make.  We just made another exciting one.  Being out of translation (for all my not-yet adopting friends) means that China has all of our paperwork and some poor person there has had to go through all of it and translate it into Chinese.  Thankfully I didn't have to do that as all my skills right now would allow me to say would be basically "Howdy y'all, would you like some coffee?"  (Nimen hao!  Nimen yao kafei ma?)  and "Wo shi ni de mama" which may or may not be, I am your mama;  I don't believe that would get us too far.  Come to think of it, wouldn't that make adoption simpler?  Hi, I'm Tracy.  Would you like some coffee?  Great, by the way, I'm Jaden's mama.  When should I come get him.

What we are waiting for now is their response that seeks confirmation that we really are ready to bring Jaden home.  Two ladies on facebook  told me that they got their letters 19 days after being OOT (I chose not to notice the one that was OOT for 50 days and still doesn't have hers) and so this step could be soon.  If it did come by mid-October we could travel by Christmas.  Tiny, tiny chance of that as China starts a long holiday today but a girl can dream.  :)

Blessings y'all and if you want some coffee, let me know ;)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to start my day! And I will have some cofee with that news, thank-you.

    Aunt Tami

    ReplyDelete